donate

Tuesday 18 October 2016

Far Too Early

I fucking hate DIY. This isn't an anti-wanking post, I'm talking about building shelves and the like.
Sometimes it can't be helped though, so today I went into a local building supplies place.
It's one that I'm not keen on, not that I'm especially enamoured of any of them.
Everyone who works there is a twat. Quite an assumption, I know, but they all have desks. What do people who are selling screws and drainpipes all need desks for? To do twattish things, obviously.
Anyway the shop itself is shit. Nothing has a price on it so at least 50% of the twats' working days are spent fielding "how much is this?" questions. They can then retreat to their twat-desks and find out for you.
They hve displays of stylish bathrooms and expensive kitchens and there's always a twat on hand to smile in a false way or say something twat-like such as "good morning, can I help you?" Twats.
But today they had gone too far.
They had erected a Christmas tree near the main counter. A bloody great thing with tinsel and all the other shite accoutrements. I checked my calendar and it's just over halfway through October. There are still well over 60 days until Christmas (that's days, NOT sleeps). I instantly felt anger rising within me.
"For fuck's sake," I said, far from quietly, causing two of the twats to look at me with disdain.
I didn't buy anything there in the end. Partly as a result of their early Christmas celebrations, but mostly because they didn't have what I needed.
The twats.

No comments:

Post a Comment