donate

Wednesday 4 January 2017

Time Off

A fortnight ago I was looking forward to the working week ending and having 16 days of holiday.
Admittedly I wasn't looking forward to Christmas too much - I was looking forward to going away, but not any of the "traditional" guff that's associated with it.
I wasn't looking forward to the just-another-day fest of New Year either.
I was mostly looking forward to not working, taking it easy and just doing my own thing for two weeks and a bit.
And that's just what I've done, pretty much enjoying every single minute of it.
The problem is that now I have only 4 days of the 16 remaining. 4 days off isn't bad and it's certainly not something I'd turn down, but when you've already had 12 days off it doesn't seem like much.
As a consequence I now have the familiar Sunday evening feeling of dread about returning to work. A feeling which is seemingly going to last for 96 hours.
This is the price we pay for taking time off.
Ten minutes back into it on Monday morning and the 16 days I had off will feel like a dim and distant memory anyway.
Great.



No comments:

Post a Comment