donate

Friday 1 May 2015

Another Charity Rant



I received a text from EE earlier and that is never good news.
Instead of informing me that my bill is now available to view online, they were asking me to give to UNICEF.
Yes, there’s been an earthquake and it’s a very deserving cause, but I don’t want to give money to something because a mobile phone company suggested it.
This is the same mobile phone company who have just increased their bills yet again, despite claiming that they would never increase the bill of anybody on a fixed-term contract.
I tweeted them and suggested that they donate the extra amount they’re squeezing out of everyone to the charity. They haven’t responded.
Mr EE, if that’s even his real name, is presumably too busy swimming naked in an Olympic-sized swimming pool full of pound coins to respond to peasants like me.
And where do they suppose we would find the money to give to a charity anyway?
As every other bugger puts up their prices too, we’re being left without a pot to piss in. That will probably become a moot point once the government impose a “piss tax” and we all just die of bladder explosions anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment